The family dog is more than just a pet, he is an integral member of the family, and when those annual holidays come around, it is always a worry finding a suitable kennel for boarding. The last thing you want is to spoil your hard-earned downtime due to worrying about your pet, and with that in mind, here are some aspects that come together to make a good dog boarding service.
- Collection and Return Service – Ideally, the kennels would offer a collection and return service, much like the highly rated dog boarding in Sydney, who will collect your pet and bring him back when you return from your holiday.
- Secure Location – Your dog should have his own personal space with all the creature comforts, plus he should be taken for much needed exercise at least twice a day. If he likes to socialise with other dogs, then he would be given the opportunity for some free play, yet if he does not like to be around other dogs, he would be exercised alone. Some facilities even have a private swimming area, where your dog can enjoy a swim, while in the company of a trained dog handler.
- Qualified Carers – It is important that your pet is in the hands of people who know what they are doing, and a prime requisite for all kennel staff would be a love of dogs. If you dog is looked after by people who are experienced and qualified to care for dogs, he will enjoy the experience so much more.
- Affordability – The best dog boarding facilities don’t necessarily have to be the most expensive, and if you feel a price is too high, you can search online for some comparison quotes. The price quoted should be all inclusive, and perhaps price should not be the deciding factor when looking at dog boarding kennels, although it does play a part. It might be better to leave your dog in the care of experts, even if it means paying a little more.
- Qualified Vet On Site – There should be a qualified vet on site at all times, and should your dog have any issues, diagnosis and treatment are always at hand. When you leave your dog at the kennels, you should inform the carers of any special aspect regarding your pet, which might include foods he likes, or any information you think might be helpful while he is in their care.
- Check Customer Testimonials – This is the best indication of the services offered by the kennel, and by talking to people who regularly use the facility, you will have peace of mind that your dog is being well cared for.
If you would like to find the best dog boarding kennels near to your home, start with a Google search, and when you have narrowed down your choices, pay the kennels a personal visit, where you can see for yourself how the canine guests are treated. It is vital that you are happy with your choice of kennel, and if the facility offers all of the above, you can rest assured that your dog will enjoy his holiday as much as you enjoy yours.